Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Irrational Fears

I like to think that each one of us has irrational fears. Even if it's just one. Even if we don't admit it to the people around us.

Or at least thinking that makes me feel better.


See, I have A LOT of irrational fears. Most of them ridiculously dumb. Well, okay, ALL of then ridiculously dumb.


I'm going to share one of them with you. The one my hubby makes fun of me the most for.


I am CONVINCED that if I open my eyes underwater in a swimming pool, there will be a shark, and it will eat me.


I'm dead serious. I've had this fear since I was a little kid.


See, I'll be in a pool, having fun, minding my own business . . .

I duck underwater to wet my hair . . .


I'm all happy . . . . but I feel watched. I open my eyes.

OMG is it behind me? Is there a shark behind me?



OMFG A SHARK IN THE POOL!!! THERE'S AN EFFING SHARK IN THE POOL!!!!!!! WTF?!?!?

Don't judge me. I can't help it if there's sharks in swimming pools waiting to eat me. Maybe people should spend more time cleaning their pools. Then there wouldn't be such a problem with sharks in them.

2 comments:

Jiorji said...

HAHAHAHAHAH this is awesome!! i love the cartoon!!

in pools, i have a fear of stepping on other people's bandaids. cos people like to go in with bandaids on their legs and they get wet and fall off and then you step on them...naaaaaaaaaaaaaasty!!! or you swim and end up with someone's stray hairs on your arm eeewww

MAB from OtterCatHaus said...

Icky, I am absolutely terrified of monkeys. Even if I see them on TV, I get all upset and want to run. TV monkeys.
I understand irrational fear. Trust me.