Monday, November 14, 2011

Things Are Going To Change

Not on my blog, necessarily, but in my life. I've made a promise to myself to get in shape and be healthy. No more excuses.
I'll make a very long story short - the last 2 years have been craptastic as far as my health is concerned. Depression, thyroid issues, injuries . . . all have done their part to keep me out of the gym. Couple that with laziness and, well, you get the idea.
However, I have my motivation back. My desire. My will to lose the weight and be healthy once again. And I will succeed.
How? By eating healthy. By making small changes. By getting my ass back in the gym.

. . . . . . and by beating my hubby in a weight loss competition.

Yep. My hubby and I are having a weight loss competition. It started yesterday and will run 8 weeks. The one who loses the highest percentage of weight loss, wins. And it's not a true competition without prizes!
My prize, if I win, is to do an all night ghost hunting tour (yes, I'm a Ghost Hunters junkie). And I WILL win.
So I will keep you, faithful readers, updated on my progress. I have before pictures and measurements, which I plan on sharing with the after ones.
My starting weight, my weight taken at the gym this morning, is 162.5. I don't have a target weight I'm trying to reach. Before I was pregnant with my son, I weighed 143 and it was a perfect, healthy weight for my size. Somewhere around there would be lovely. But I'm more interested in how I feel and how I look.
I'll update at least once a week. Some weeks maybe more often, who knows.
Wish me luck, though I know I won't need it. :)

No comments: