Thursday, May 7, 2009

Fun with Fur

Going through boxes in my basement, I found a very large stash of fur. Meaning pelts, fox, coyote, raccoon, and bobcat faces, tails, and scraps. What to do with all of this fur . . . .


Hey! Why not use it in my plushies?! I mean, I use FAUX fur, so why not use the real thing? Well, that's just what I did. I have 2 plushies right now using tails (coyote and raccoon), and I'm working on a custom order of a ferret. I have 2 ferrets that I'm making - one completely out of raccoon fur, and one out of opposum fur and faux fur (I don't have pics of these yet, but they will be posted in my next update). Here are my 2 finished critters:





The top one uses faux fur and a coyote tail, the second one is tweed, microsuede, and a raccoon tail. Working with the tails is easy - just like attaching any other tail. My 2 ferrets, though, are proving much more troublesome. I'm having to do a lot of the sewing by hand.
That's it for now! My next post will have the ferrets!

No comments: