Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's getting warmer here in Colorado. Buds are out on the trees, things are starting to green up. Which I'm totally excited for! Warm weather, sunshine, cute skirts, days at the pool . . . .

But that also means that it's time for the bugs to come out. I'm not a fan of bugs. Some are cool, and I actually like them. You know, butterflies, ladybugs, praying mantis. Those bugs are awesome.


But we have weird bugs out here in Falcon. And by weird I mean horrifically scary and gross.


Like this bastard:



This is a sun scorpion. AKA wind scorpion and camel spider. Not really a true scorpion OR spider. They are freaking nasty. And mean! Here, let me show you it's jaws:

WTF????? What the hell kind of bug needs jaws like that?!?



And then we have these:



The Colorado potato beetle. Now, this guy looks pretty unassuming. But it's not fun when you're enjoying a nice adult beverage on your back porch as the sun is going down and a whole freaking swarm of them fly at you!!!!! And by swarm I mean 100-200 of the little bastards. Luckily they're usually only around for 1-2 weeks out of the year.

Because I hate them.



And of course, spiders. We have a ton of funnel weaver spiders here. Now, these guys aren't a threat to people or pets, but come on. They're spiders. And icky. And they get HUGE. And they move freaking fast.

I'm sure some of you are creeped out now. Well, serves you right. I have to deal with these in my own backyard. You might as well share my misery.

You're welcome.

2 comments:

Jiorji said...

AHHAHA omg that thing is UGLY!! he's probably one of those dinosaur bugs that got shrunk after evolution and now he;s stuck with giant jaws and nothing to chomp on...besides your toe maybe. Ewww...watch out for those!

you should make a zombie bug! totally!!!!!

WickedKitty said...

I'm going to have nightmares about those ugly mofos o.o

Thanks for sharing the misery =)