Friday, March 12, 2010

I love my job!


Yeah . . . . . so this is me being totally professional.
I'm very professional. Shut up.
So, many of you know that I'm an RN, and that I deliver babies. Very fun. I thought I'd share one of the reasons that I love my job.
Yesterday (Thursday), my last delivery of the day was quite exciting. Probably not the type of exciting that most people would, um, enjoy I guess.
Why?
Well, it wasn't the best delivery. Baby had her cord wrapped around her neck very tightly. And while mom was pushing, she abrupted. Meaning her placenta detached before the baby was born. Not a good senario. She came out limp, blue, and not breathing (which, incidently, is my favorite type of delivery).
Luckily, infants are very resiliant critters. I had to breath for her for 2 minutes and continue to give her oxygen for another 10, but after that she perked right up. And is doing great!
I love being able to do that!
. . . . .and I don't think the parents mind either!

1 comment:

Burnt Mill Candles and Soap said...

how nice to have a job that has so much meaning :)